3/07/2013

Issue 7: Ase62

Photos by: Phemelo "P" The Poet

A tag speaks a million words!!!

Once again TheNASHmag brings you another form of rare talent in the hood. We always try to challenge ourselves in every cover issue we put out. This week we met up with a graffiti artist who goes by the alias of Asse62. Since you know, for some reason graffiti is an illegal form of art in our country so we are going to protect most of his identity in this article. Asse62 has been in this game for a while and has tagged many a wall. He prides himself in every tag he does and represents true hip hop in his style of painting.


He is the pinnacle of what today's morden hip hop.He breaks away from the music, the clothing styles, the beatboxing and everything in between. He chooses to love this culture through the expression of painting and expressing his representation of hip hop. This nigga is what we call real. He chose to take on one of the rarest forms of hip hopin this country. It is very hard to find someone who embarks on this sort of skill and works so hard to perfect it.

In the interview we did, we asked him a few questions. This was his response:


How and when did you get into the art of graffitti?

I had a bit of artistic background and when I saw the picture form that mag (HARD2BURN) I just told myself this is what I wanna do. That same weekend went out, got myself 2 spray cans and just started bombing everywhere, my first piece is still visible.

You say you wanna go incognito,do you still think the art is still considered vandalism,esp in your area

another reason I want to be on the down low is that I don’t want to be associated with every vandalism that happens around my hood, even if it is not me who is responsible, there aren’t many artist around my hood so it would be a bit simpler for the law to track me down.

What are some spots that you've tagged around Pretoria?

I've got a dope piece underneath the bridge before Soshanguve train station. A couple of pieces at Bana Primary and endless tags around Mabopane and Jozi


Are you alligned with other graphers. Do you know any sick graphers we should look out for?

Occasionally I work with this nigga RAKO from Rustenburg, did a dope piece with him during December at Bana Primary, this Nigga got Mad skillz

These are some of his tags:





TheNASHmag Ed.


Follow TheNASHmag on Facebook and Twitter:

Follow TheNASHmag's editor Tania:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw him laying some dope tags last nite. Much respect Masta ASE

Unknown said...

Much respect indeed

Unknown said...

hes good