11/17/2014

Article 47:Flexi P: Taking art to another level

Taking art to another level

Flex P from Slovo in Sgandi is one talented young fella. If you have witnessed his drawings you can agree. He’s been drawing for a long while now and judging by the drawings he’s done lately, whether on the floor, ground and anywhere else he does his thing, we can safely say his skill has elevated.
There is a lot of young creative, but most are swayed towards the music, dance, Djying and it is seldom that you find talent that Percy poses.

How did the “Sugar drawing” idea come about?
Oh, that drawing is actually part of a series of a project called "Ground art/drawing", which is spontaneous and that makes the actual event rarely witnessed, depending on the place and time. I have used -Ash, salt, sugar, maize meal etc, to produce art works. People who get to witness the process and watch it unfold can’t believe it.
We’ve seen a lot of Madiba portraits that you’ve done, anyone else famous you have drawn?
I have also drawn Notorious BIG but I'm not really into drawing famous people, simply because everyone does that so I focus on people I see daily.
Have you drawn a designed for an album/ mixtape/ single cover/sleeve before or is it something you look to do it future?
Perhaps if a chance comes, I would.

How far do your drawing skills extend to? What are some of the things that you can draw or do you only specialize in drawing people?

I can draw anything but I specialize in Human Portraiture.

Do you sell your art and do you get people approaching you to make a drawing of them?
Yes I do sell and yes I also do commission art for clients.

Do you have somewhere, where people can view your work of art? Gallery, Facebook Page and to get ahold of you?

Facebook Page-https://www.facebook.com/percy.portraitdrawings?fref=photo&sk=photos
E-mail - flexartz@hotmail.co.za
Mobile- (+27) 71 523 6140

TheNASHmag Ed
Tania Moeng

Some of Flexi P's work



No comments: